Thursday, May 9, 2013

Impatience. Excitement! Also, death.

With big events I tend to wait until the last minute to get excited, and when I do I want the exciting thing to be here NOW.  This means that all the excitement for our wedding (now LESS than a month away!) pounced on me this weekend as I wrapped up some of the final wedding projects.  I'm having a hard time sitting still, having any other expression on my face other than a stupid grin, and I am repeatledly checking the counter on my Wedding Party picture app as the day ticks ticks ticks closer.  I feel like I should be writing this post in ALL CAPS because I am SO EXCITED.  Excited to see this thing we have been planning for a year to bloom, excited to see friends and family from across the country, and excited to be upgraded from fiancee to husband and wife. Excitement!  Impatience!!

This is in stark contrast to my job where I read about death all day.  I open a chart and read about someone dying who bears striking resemblance to one of my loved ones and my heart aches for what that family is going through.  It is an odd juxtoposition to my happy home life and the wedding only seeks to magnify the differences.  It makes me hug the Pirate to excess, give my people calls and emails, and write Hoorays! posts.

It also, oddly, made me wig out a bit yesterday and buy lots of random bath products and a single purple cabbage.

29 days 6 hours 6 minutes and 58 seconds.

You guys. 

I AM SO EXCITED!!

No comments: