Saturday, November 8, 2008

Knitting weather

I have finished and gifted both sets of gloves-without-full-fingers. I was too impatient to wait for Christmas and I hope they will get several months more use now.

Pasta Man actually wore the green ones without my prompting to the corn maze. Grandma's (the maroon) were only mailed yesterday.

I have one more pair to finish before Christmas (and only five more fingers to knit....so it won't be that bad.)

Fetal Yellow Brick Road Knucks for Mom.

I also finished Porom.

Porom pancake!

But it still needs to be blocked (note: must raid Pasta Man's dishes to see if he has a bowl that is the proper size).

After several days of freakishly warm weather, Jack Frost has wandered back into town and the clouds have gathered for perpetual drizzles. Dreariness, wet pants hems, and invasive dampness have settled in. Yesterday at my knitting group somebody complained about the weather yesterday, Holly, wise knitting teacher that she is, said:

"Just think of it as knitting weather."

She is totally right. It's the best knitting weather. Though I cannot quite bring myself to knit the Yellow Brick Road gloves yet, I am humming along on brightly colored socks that are not dreary, wet, or invasively damp.

The second of a pair.

Plain ribbed socks in my default OnLine sock yarn (because I needed some K3P2 ribbing in my life)

And guess what?


Today is perfect knitting weather too.

2 comments:

Cory Ellen said...

Hi there! I found your blog. It is quite awesome. :D

Internet Video Gal said...

I agree with Cory. This blog is AWESOME