Saturday, September 12, 2009

Do that crazy hand jive

I was doing research on nursing schools for after graduation, and somehow I ended up on Ravelry looking at my friends' blogs. (No idea how that happened. Honestly.) I thought:

1. Wow, that looks fun!
2. I should knit blog sometime.
3. Wait, I HAVE a knit blog.
4. Do I remember the login and password for this blog?
5. More importantly, how can I incorporate George Thoroghgood and the Destroyers lyrics into a post?
At which point my blog answered:
The sky is crying
Look at the tears roll down the street
I'm feeling sad and lonely
My baby's left me
Understanding and a little lovin'
A little lovin' is all I need.

Look mad.
I spent some time luxuriating at the beachknitting away my Madison Blues. I had a full view of the ocean and sucessfully did not get sand all up in my yarn.
Move it on over.
While there, I (almost) completely knit a pair Tofutsies Gentleman Fancy swamp socks:

Socks for some Madison Shoes.

I also saw large bugs that look like window decorations if you don't look too closely:

Hey Angela, do you get bugs this size in TX?

And what is a vacation at the beach without souvinere yarn from the lovely Dale?


Alpaca with a Twist in Cory pink: I broke a thousand hearts before I met you. I'll break a thousand more, baby, before I am through.
It is becoming the Shoulder Shawl in Syrian pattern from Victorian Lace Today:
A super simple pattern I can knit in class. Could possibly can be knit after one bourbon, one scotch, and one beer.
Now I have to work on getting a haircut and getting a real job so I can have money to buy yarn AND pay off my student loans after graduation.

2 comments:

bdraeger said...

So glad you've returned!

Cory Ellen said...

I'm so excited to see your trip yarn! Also: thank you thank you thank you. You are quite an awesome friend.