Sunday, July 21, 2013

Come again another day

For the billionth time this summer, it is raining.  Dark and kinda dreary with pitpatpitpatpat on the roof and flashes of lightning through the window.

It is the perfect day to stay inside and Get Shit Done because my to do list, oh!  She has a clarity I have sought after for years and is a thousand miles long and I am soclose to jumping on my dreams.  But my attention span wanes and my drawing hand is sloppy and I find myself staring into space in the middle of thoughts.

So instead of muddling through my arts I try to take breaks to refuel with family time, fresh green foods, homemade pretzels, lavender bath salts, The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents, and sleep.  I try to embrace taking care of myself and recognizing the crash after the creative burst, the rain that comes after the sun.  Life is a balance.  I know this.  I try not to get overly fussed about it.  But dang.  Do I have a hard time with my brain not playing the following on infinite repeat:

Rain rain go away
come again another day

No comments: