Monday, May 2, 2011

Blogging instead of knitting

Today is a rare day off, so of course it is filled with chores and other grown-up things that need to get done during the workday.  But since those adult tasks did not begin until 1 pm, I did stay up until the wee hours of the morning watching the final episodes of Six Feet Under, a show about a family-run funeral home.  The show is known for having one of the best finales, and I can vouch that it was So. Totally. Worth. It. to stay up until 4 a.m. to finish the last DVD.  Beautiful, and an interesting study of humanity to boot.  It has taken me a while to fully appreciate the TV show as an art form, but I think I finally get it....at least in regards to this show.  Anybody else out there watched it?

All of that is a rather rambly lead-up to the fact that am just a wee bee goofy from lack of sleep and giddyness at the show's ending.  And right now I'm at the Toyota dealership so Flapper Fay can get her oil changed and her tires rotated (they have free coffee!) and I have just realized I have dropped a straight needle somewhere so I can't knit on the scarf I brought.  It is probably back at home since the plastic bag I carry the project in is poked full of holes, which is a hazard of working with straight needles.  So now I am blogging instead of knitting as time creeps by.

Oh hey, Fay is ready!

No comments: